Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Week 2 day 3 second time around.

 I started out blogging about this a lot and I have not added for a while, but today I feel like putting it into words again.

As soon as I start to write I admit I get a little teary eyed, but that is honestly because I can not believe that I am still working at this, it is not easy to get out of the house and run at all for me, but I did it again today.

So today was my 9th run, I decided last week that I needed to repeat my 2nd week and that I was just not ready for the third week and now week 2 try 2 is done and I have to overcome the fear and get my butt outside this Saturday and start week 3.

I have had some trouble during cycle one each time this week with my knee so I started on our stationary bike in the hope that will help my knee and build my fitness a little faster.

I finished today in tears again, but they are happy tears, I do have the most trouble when I run alone without David, but I have now gotten my music moved onto my I-Touch and found my headphones that do not fall out of my ears and I hear David helping  me along during my runs alone which helps me more than anything, every time I feel my feet start to drag I hear David saying "you got this", and I can carry on. Once  again finished cycle 1 at the top of a the first hill, which to most runners would be a small mound but not to me and finished the second after the second hill,  I wore the gloves today, smart idea  of David's since it does make getting the water bottles out much easier than it was with cold hands but I dropped a bottle between 2nd and  3rd cycle and had to go back to pick it up,  the rest is actually a bit of a blur right now I just know that I finished cycle 6 at the top of the first "hill" again on my third trip around, and that is when the tears slowly came out and I dropped another water bottle. So I guess I  need a lesson in putting them back in correctly.

This is a great program and I have such internal guilt that I make myself finish because I do not want to lie to myself and feel awful for the rest of the day, also I do not want to lie to people I care about so I just keep on going.

Another thing that really makes me carry on is the feeling of amazement I have with myself each time I finish, I may look silly out there running but you know what I am doing it, I am the one who gets the feelings of elation every time I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment