Monday, November 19, 2012

Week 2 #1

So yup I did not post on week 1 run 3, I was very down on myself due to my distance, it was my first time that I have run alone, I needed to do it during the day due to the crazy schedule of all of the kids events. Good thing was that looking back now I did it. I actually managed to get the run done by myself, yes the distance was disappointing, the I-Touch was a pain in the butt, jumping all over the place, it was just a horrid feeling once I saw the distance on my GPS.  Moving on...

Week 2 run number one, now after the run by myself on Wednesday I really thought that I was not up for running again, David and I watched rugby Scotland vs South Africa, I sat still for the first half but during the second half I left for a couple of minutes and sat on our bed thinking "I am going to tell David we will do this tomorrow". Once again thankfully I did not voice this thought, I walked into the living room where he was watching rugby and put on a pair of running socks, which for me meant that I was going to do the run.

On the 1 minute drive to the park I sat in the car taking deep breaths, building up my courage and thinking that after the last run this was going to be hard not to mention that today I had to go from a minute of running to a minute and a half of running.

We got started, I just wanted to get the the path where we run before the 5 minute warm up walk was done and we did manage this but not a second to spare. Off we went on the first cycle and I was disappointed with my first run/jog because I felt that I should of gotten farther but we carried on and by cycle 3 of the program I was elated! I could feel the massive smile growing on my face, I could do this I could actually manage to get this run done, I can not explain how much I take from doing this with David, during the last 15 seconds of each cycle he really is my rock, telling me that I can do it, to keep going is what really gets me through it all. For the first time during a run I had intense pain in my left lower leg, but at least it was the final cycle when this happened, I gritted my teeth and carried on with the support of David working as my booster and we got it  done, the feeling of achievement has no words.

Doing this program really has changed me, it has given me a focus, but most of all it makes me feel good about myself, the kind of good where I want to do silly things like wear jewelry and makeup and just smile at the small things that I have around me everyday. It is so amazing how many of my friends are supporting me with comments and "like"s on facebook, they have no idea how much this means to me, how elated it makes me to see those comments. Mostly for me I love to talk to David about this and see how much it is actually effecting the two of us, this has become  something that I feel that as a couple we are working toward, having him be proud of me for doing this feels wonderful. I know that I need to do this for myself and enjoy how amazing it makes me feel and I really am, but the bonus is it also has a affect on my marriage which has been the biggest added bonus I could hope for.


1 comment:

  1. It is great to read, and see, how you are dealing with this.

    ReplyDelete