Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Week 1 Day 2

I felt like I was crazy for thinking that I could do this yesterday afternoon and was really worried about doing the running again for most of the afternoon. It may have been once the kids left for their other parents and I had a chance to stand around and think about doing this and really spent 30 minutes beating myself down, but I still changed into running clothing and worked about getting dinner ready to go for David and I after our run.

David  arrived home from work and quickly set about getting into his running things and we hustled into the car. I sat in the car for the 2 minute drive trying to ready myself to start our workout for today.

We started with our plan which is the 5 minutes of walking, which I spent trying to get into the right mindset before we needed to run. I have not mentioned that it was so cold when we went out last night that it seemed to make it much more difficult.

And then the running started, during the first cycle all I could think of was that my boobs hurt, time for a sports bra I am thinking, breathing is so  hard, the combination of very cold air and smoking is the problem, the breathing problem stays with me for the whole run. Second, third and fourth cycle were tough, and I mean really tough, with  lots of thoughts of I cant do this, I am crazy thinking I can do this, but as always David and his praise make me continue and not say a thing about how I am feeling. After the 4th cycle I manage to gasp out "half way" to which David replied yes and then I knew that I could do this, I could push though the pain and we did it, we finished couch to 5 k day 2, and David let me know that we had managed to do 1.84 miles Awesome!

The high from running came a little later and was caused by the running group that David has signed me up for. The comments of support that David and the running group offered me brought me to tears, it is such a wonderful feeling that people who do not know me understand what I am trying to do and want me to be successful.

I posted myself on facebook and the comments from my sister Lynette started the tears again. It is everyone and the support that they are giving me that is going to carry me through this. It makes me really want to show everyone around that they are not wasting time by supporting me, but more than that I want to achieve my goals, I want to have the chance to experience some more of the feelings that David has been able to get from running.

So thought of the day is one step, one workout at a time, I want to stay strong and complete this program, to be a better me, to enjoy more things each day, to run with my husband, play outside with our children and most of all have pride in myself and what I have done. Note to me think of all of these things as things that can happen to me, that  with the support I have I can make this happen but mostly by pushing through the pain it is going happen and how much of a high I am going to have in that moment.

1 comment: